On Friday, February 24th, 2023, the Internal Supervisory Unit of Diponegoro University held the 2023 Annual Work Meeting. The event took place at the Meeting Room of the Academic Administration Bureau (BAA) in the SA-MWA Building of Undip Tembalang. The activity began at 09:30 AM with an opening speech from Prof. Dr. Abdul Rohman, S.E., M.Si., Ak., CA, as the Chairman of the Internal Supervisory Unit of Diponegoro University. It was then followed by a speech from Ms. Tri Widowati, S.E., as the secretary of the Internal Supervisory Unit of Diponegoro University.
At 10:00 AM, the main event of the Annual Work Meeting began with a speaker, Mr. Adi Dinardinata, S.Psi., M.Psi., a psychologist from the Faculty of Psychology at Diponegoro University. The event was filled with motivational activities with the theme of Building Motivation in Improving Performance in the Supervision Field.
There were two important agendas presented by Mr. Adi, namely:
- How to build motivation to continue providing the best audit when it is considered trivial and appears to interfere with the auditee’s work?
- How to build the confidence of auditors and eliminate discomfort towards auditees who are actually friends, in order to continue to provide the best audit in such situations?
Mr. Adi also mentioned the things needed by auditors to be able to provide the best audit, including:
- Auditors must have audit competencies.
An auditor must have skills and knowledge related to audit/examination activities in order to carry out the assigned tasks.
- Auditors must have intrapersonal skills
Related to managing emotions and self-motivation.
- Auditors must have interpersonal skills
Related to building good relationships in difficult situations.